All About Assistant Commandant Exam
Vedanta Institute is the offering Best CAPF Assistant Commandant coaching center in Chandigarh along with every single details required to proceed for the exam e.g. UPSC CAPF 2017 Application Form, Exam Date, Detailed Syllabus for Assistant Commandant, CAPF AC Notification 2017, Eligibility, Age Limit, Fees, Exam Pattern, Central Armed Police Force Exam 2017. Here is the complete details as below
CPF EXAM ELIGIBILITY
Age Eligibility: Minimum 20 years and Maximum 25 years as on 1st August of the exam year
Academic Eligibility: A degree from a recognised University or equivalent
Physical Standards Eligibility: You need to have minimum Physical Standards as given in the notification.
Female candidates can not apply for BSF and ITBP
CPF EXAM PATTERN
|General Ability and Intelligence||
|General Studies, Essay & Comprehension||
There is negative marking in Objective Type Question Paper. Physical and medical standards test will be conducted only for those candidates who qualify the written examination. Interview for personal test will be of 200 marks.
DETAILED SYLLABUS FOR ASSISTANT COMMANDANT
GEOGRAPHY – PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY
THE EARTH IN SPACE
- Theories on the origin of the earth, place of the earth in the universe
- The Earth, its shape and size. Latitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time. International Date Line. Motions of Earth and their consequences, tides.
- Interior of the Earth(DISCONTINUITIES)
- EXOGENIC FORCES :- Rocks and their classification; Weathering – Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and volcanoes.
- ENDOGENIC FORCES OF LANDFORM :- Folding and faulting.
- Atmosphere and its composition; Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, cyclones and Anti-cyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation; Types of Climate. Major Natural regions of the World.
- Ocean currents and ocean relief
- Humidity and evaporation
- Rainfall and condensation
- Regional Geography of India – Climate, Natural vegetation. Mineral and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities.
- Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India. Main items of Imports and Exports of India.
INDIAN POLITY AND CONSTITUTION
- Constitutional background
- Salient features of Indian constitution
- State and its union territory
- Fundamental rights
- Directive principle of state policy
- Centre govt.( executive( president, vice president, prime minister, council of ministers, attorney general.
- State govt. Governor, chief minister, advocate general
- State legislature
- Judiciary(supreme court and high court)
- Local self govt. (Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development)
- Extra constitutional bodies
- Constitutional bodies
- Parliamentary system and federal system, constitutional amendment and types of majority.
- Indus valley civilization
- Vedic age
- Age of religious movements: Jainism, Buddhism, and other sects
- The Mauryas
- India after Mauryas
- The Guptas
- The Delhi Sultanate
- Beginning of indo- Islamic culture.
- The Mughals
- Advent of European Commerce
- British Expansion in India
- British Administrative structure in India( acts related to Indian Constitution)
- British policy towards Economy of India
- Social and cultural Awakening in in the 19th century
- Education under British Rule
INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT (IMP. PART)
- Revolt of 1857
- Growth of Nationalism, Political ideas and associations
- Foundation of Indian National Congress and their sessions
- Growth of extremism or militant nationalism and partition of Bengal
- Gandhian Era and movement, swarajis, revolutionary terrorism , civil disobedience movement
- National politics
- Second world war and national movement
- The final phase: Independence and partition
- Governor general and viceroy
- Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer.
- Motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy.
- Effects of Heat, Measurement of temperature and heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat.
- Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments.
- Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction. Spherical mirrors and Lenses. Human Eye.
- Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet.
- Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Non-conductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells, Use of X-Rays.
- General Principles in the working of the following :
- Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening Conductors, Safety Fuses.
- Physical and Chemical changes. Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems). Properties of Air and Water.
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide, Oxidation and Reduction.
- Acids, bases and salts.
- Carbon – different forms
- Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial
- Material used in the preparation of substances like soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches, and Gun-Powder.
- Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom, Atomic, Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency.
- Difference between the living and non- living.
- Basis of Life – Cells, Protoplasm and Tissues.
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals.
- Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs.
- Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention.
- Food – Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet.
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists.
- ECONOMIC PLANNING
- PLANING IN INDIA
- ECONOMIC REFORMS
- INFLATION AND BUSINESS CYCLE
- INDIAN AGRICULTURE
- INDIAN INDUSTRY & INFRASTRUCTURE
- INDIA AND THE GLOBALECONOMY
- INDIAN FINANCIAL MARKET
- BANKING IN INDIA**
- SECURITY MARKET IN INDIA
- EXTERNAL SECTOR OF INDIA
- INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC ORGANISATIONS & INDIA
- TAX STRUCTURE IN INDIA
- PUBLIC FINANCE IN INDIA
- ECONOMICS CONCEPTS AND TERMINOLOGIES
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the last six month.
- International current affairs
- Important personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with social-economic and cultural activities and sports.
Click Here to get latest current affairs 2017
- ART AND CULTURE
- ENVIRONMENT ( basically with current affairs , summits and little bit static)
- SOCIAL SECURITY questions based on central Armed police forces, their headquarter, chief and allocated border
- POLITICAL THOUGHT
- Coding decoding
- Blood relation
- Number and alphabetical series
- Cube and dices
- Spatial Orientation.
- Space Visualization.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Decision Making.
- Visual Memory.
- Arithmetic Number Series.
- Figural Classification.
PAPER -2 GENERAL STUDIES, ESSAY AND COMPREHENSION
PAPER – A – 80 MARKS
- Write essay on four of the following in about 300 words ( 4 * 20 = 80 marks)
- Modern Indian History
- Politics and economics
- Human rights issues
- Analytical ability
PART B – 120 MARKS
- Statement Arguments :- Write argument for and against each of the following statement in about 300 words.(2*20 = 40 marks)
- Report Making:- Write reports on the following in about 200 words each. (2*10=20 marks)
- Précis writing (15 marks)
- Passage Comprehension (5*4=20 marks)
- Grammar :- Rewrite sentence, word in sentences, fill in the blanks, vocabulary (25 marks)